- Largehearted Boy reviews Nick Hornby’s Juliet, Naked.
- Jonathan Lethem recommends on Daily Beast Edgar Allen Poe’s only novel, The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket, and describes it as “the missing link between Mary Shelley and Herman Melville.” My kind of narrative.
- On Willa Cather’s development as a novelist.
- High schoolers take note: Edith Wharton is the original gossip girl.
- Speaking of CW television, the go-to teeny-bopper channel for guilty indulgences will next attempt “The March Sisters,” which is–I fear even to write it–”‘Little Women’ meets ‘Sex and the City,’ about working-class siblings who try to make it on Park Avenue.” Agh, humanity!
- Should John Lennon get an NYC street named after him? Is this seriously even a question?
- Surfer Blood find a home.
- Bulgarian wedding music in Chicago.
- Sufjan Stevens has a mental block?
- A photo book about the Nigerian film industry called “Nollywood“
- Unless he writes a novel, we think this “Balloon Boy FAQ” will be the only thing we will post about him.