“Whether she’s writing about a trip to Nicaragua or the role the rock club La Luna played in her teenaged years, Wells’ voice is above all direct, as she levelly describes the world as she sees it.” Alison Hallett interviews Lisa Wells, whose essay collection Yeah. No. Totally. has our interest piqued.
- At Stereogum, Brandon Stosuy talks with Björk.
- Alina Bronsky contributes a playlist to Largehearted Boy’s always-excellent Book Notes series.
- Evan Hanlon examines Woods and the sound of the scene around them: “Woods is now the main act, not just for the guys formerly known as Meneguar, but for the variegated Brooklyn scene as a whole. The fringe is now the bellwether.”
- Ezra Ace Caraeff profiles Hunx and His Punx.
- Nitsuh Abebe on the ambiguity of Bon Iver’s latest: “The stuff Vernon’s done with this album might be tasteful and torpid, but it honestly isn’t predictable or obvious. ”