“Scotch whisky, certain lemons, & hot water.”: Mark Twain writes a letter.
- Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket) gets profiled in The Telegraph.
- That Budweiser ad from the Super Bowl that was insulting to book club people, readers, men, women, and anybody with a little bit of intelligence.
- Stephen Elliott interviews author Stephen Elliott, and asks the hard hitting questions.
- The last of the Yiddish poets.
- James Wood reviews two books about money, and quotes Karl Marx.
- Anything Fred Thomas is involved in, I’m a fan of; City Center’s newest 7″ is no exception.
- Pop genius Van Dyke Parks profiled the the SF Chronicle.