The story behind Stanley Kubrick’s never made epic, Napoleon is now in $700 dollar book form thanks to Taschen.
- New York Magazine wrote about it
- Human Resources is a bit apprehensive about anybody else attempting a film about the tiny French leader.
- If you have a book called Sex Dungeon for Sale, the only natural thing to do to celebrate it’s coming out is to have a coloring contest.
- Tough economic times? A letter from George Washington goes for over three million, and one of Edgar Allan Poe’s manuscripts goes for $830, 500.
- Is the internet is killing storytelling? Lit Drift wants answers dammit!
The “look” of literature.
- Field Notes recently introduced a limited edition series of their classic memo books in muted greys and blues. (Thanks Cool Hunting)
- When bad covers happen to good books.
Fiction up at…
- Bartleby Snopes, by Brian Ted Jones and Andrew Bowen
Sunday morning jams.
- WFMU digs around for old clips of I’ve Got a Secret, and find garage rock goodness.
- “One of the finest musicians to emerge from the sleepy locale of Denton, TX ” is not to be confused with “The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton“.
- Ray Davies on billiards.