- So now book bloggers have to report the books they get for review or face an $11,000 fine. Ed Champion ain’t gonna stand for it!
- Is the term”young adult steampunk” at all related to The Pains of Being Heart song “Young Adult Friction”? (Thanks Boing Boing)
- A little book named 2666 is now in paperback.
- Lit Kicks does an eloquent job of summing up my feelings on Dan Brown: “his books are undoubtedly intelligent — not in a “correct” way but in terms of historical ambition and research.”
- Guinness and Johnnie Walker don’t want to deal with Glenn Beck anymore.
- Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago has faced all sorts of drama in his twenty years of service to the city in his current position. But can he survive not getting the 2016 Olympics? Our guess is probably.
- Today marks America’s eighth year in Afghanistan, and The Daily Beast thinks it’s time to “Bury the Vietnam Analogy“.
- I guess since Animal Collective remixed Phoenix, I can now become more accepting of the latter?
- Anticipated albums by Kurt Vile, Black Heart Procession, No Age, and Daniel Johnston all make for a very great lineup for Largehearted Boy’s “Try It Before You Buy It“
- Why Edwyn Collins stopped sharing his music online.
- The Mountain Goats being on Colbert last night, makes me a little sad I don’t own a television.
- There seem to be a lot of lost pets in our little borough.