This month’s issue of The Collagist contains an excerpt of Donald Ray Pollock’s novel The Devil All The Time.
- “I don’t need to see a 200-post photo gallery just because you wanted to share a Hot Doug with EMA and expense it to the company. ” Christopher R. Weingarten examines media coverage of this year’s Pitchfork Festival…
- …and also makes New York‘s Approval Matrix this week.
- Greenlight Bookstore is expanding, which comes as fine news.
- “[Bernheimer] shows us the complexity and richness of the fairy/folk traditions. She reminds us that we are supposed to be uncomfortable with these tales, that there is no single way to interpret them, and that true engagement comes precisely from the act of questioning them.” Jena Salon reviews Kate Bernheimer’s The Complete Tales of Lucy Gold.
- Michaelangelo Matos reviewed Paul McCartney’s Yankee Stadium show.
- At Jacket Copy, David L. Ulin looks at the work of Gordon Matta-Clark.