Panorama is out!
- “It is everything that your basic wretched and vapid Sunday SF Chronicle is not.”
- “Dave Eggers doesn’t look like a newspaper baron“
- I think this San Fran food blog is excited.
- The people at Green Apple Books say the Panorama will “most certainly provide a bit of breathing room away from the vapid smog that seems to have engulfed much of the world of modern journalism.” They link to here when mentioning “vapid smog”.
- Indichik is hating.
- Tis the season to support small presses says Fictonaut.
- Jami Attenberg’s new book, The Melting Season is due to hit soon, and she wonders about blurbs. Are the necessary?
- Moby Lives discusses the Electric Literature/Rick Moody Twitter experiment: “All of a sudden, the experiment went from ‘cool’ to ‘troubled’ ‘failure’ to ‘utter failure’ in these peoples’ perspectives.”
- Larry Flynt is the only person in the family that puts out quality porn.
- Nora Roberts vs. Mike Edison?
- The Awl won’t link the Sarah Palin Op-Ed in the Washington Post. I think we’re gonna follow their lead.
- Richard Dawkins getting soft?
Songs, and the people who sing them.
- Everybody comes together to record a tribute to Tall Dwarfs guy Chris Knox, including Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Stephen Merritt, The Bats, and Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel!!!
- “Like a visionary science fiction author, Sheryl Crow sets this scathing song”. Yikes. 21 songs of the 21stcentury politics.
- Senator Orrin Hatch ruins Hanukkah via this song.
- Clint Eastwood with The Daily Beast.
- Alan Vega of Suicide is interviewed at Bomb.