I think by saying he is the “Buddha of New York’s L-train set“, Taylor Antrim of The Daily Beast is saying that Chuck Klosterman is big with “the hipsters”. However, I gotta say, I find Klosterman to be more of a F-train kinda guy — big with “the freelancers” and “hipster parents“. That’s just me of course, and I’m usually wrong.
- Orhan Pamuk has a museum. What do you have?
- The UK name their first laureate for storytelling. His name is Taffy Thomas. We think that’s pretty sweet.
- Deck Fight talks to Zachary Mexico.
- How did John Keats and other dead people speak?
- Yes, in the past we have made fun of celebrity memoirs, but we dare not make fun of this guys.
- Oh, 2 biographies of Ayn Rand. Oh. Woo.
- Monsters of Folk covering Bob Dylan/Johnny Cash? Sure, Ill get into that.
- Stereogum goes metal.
- Would Derek Jeter be good at “Skin Pulling“?