This terrifying picture is from the GQ piece on Ayn Rand called “The Bitch is Back“. If you like Ayn Rand, enjoy reading about “2009’s most influential author”. Otherwise, if you are like me, continue shielding your eyes.
- One of the names tossed around in the comments of the L Mag. conversation for a possible new Paris Review editor is Geoff Dyer. Oh, and lookie here, he quotes Nietzsche’s The Birth of Tragedy to report on a fashion show. 1 point for Dyer.
- Over at The Bumpidee Reader, Sara Jaffe discusses the novel Frost, by Austrian author Thomas Bernhard.
- Williamsburg bookstore Spoonbill and Sugartown turns ten years old.
- How a lost Edward Gorey book was found.
- Some reflections on a Literary Death Match in Seattle.
The wild world of sports.
- Over at The Lawn Chair Boys, they are previewing the NBA season through the eyes of realist painter Edward Hopper. Most recently, the Sacramento Kings.
- Salon on Sammy Sosa bleaching his skin.
- On the Facebook invite, it simply says, “Tsai Ming-Liang is the greatest living filmmaker”, does that make you even more interested in going to see the directors new film Face tonight?