N+1 discuss “gentrification novels”. Discussed are Jonathan Lethem, Prospect Park West, etc. As a Park Slope resident, I feel a little bit shitty right now.
- Rare books for the “cultured traveler”
- The American zeitgeist implodes upon itself as James Franco, following his quirky stint on daytime television, is slated to guest star on 30 Rock.
- Dustin Hoffman: Library lover.
- Should Where the Wild Things Are win an Oscar….for its trailer?
- Wallace Shawn was interviewed at Splice Today.
- Levi Asher recommends some books at Lit Kicks.
Things that make us smile.
- Book Ninja talks about the New York Times writing about their “polar opposites” The Onion. We prefer the This American Life episode where they sit in on a meeting with the greatest satirical newspaper around today.
- Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin hosting the Oscars?!?!
Music that tastes good.
- WFMU look at good songs about biscuits.
- Gawker gives us front pages
- The state of Maine is not going the gay marriage route. Lame.