Is Bored to Death (starring Jason Schwartzman, pictured above) the next HBO show in line that becomes that show people who “don’t watch tv” actually get into (The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.)? Not sure. But knowing that Jonathan Ames is the writer can give one hope. He talks to Huffington Post.
- Indichik went to our Vol. 1 Storytelling Brooklyn series this last Thursday, and said some very nice things.
- Oprah picks the next book that will sell a bazillion copies due to her magic touch (Thanks Jacket Copy)
- ” The Da Vinci Code, chapter 3: My French stinks, Langdon thought, but my zodiac iconography is pretty good.” one of twenty of Dan Brown’s worst sentences.
- Camus, A Romance is reviewed
- Regina Spektor is writing an update of Sleeping Beauty for Broadway
- Beck + Devendra Banhart + Todd Solondz =’s awesome
- Thurston Moore, documenting Grunge
- “I go pee over and over. When I get nervous I have to pee.” – Jesse Thorn of The Sound of Young America.
- NPR on Polynesian football players