Luc Sante on the editing process: “Even some justly famous writers are known in the trade for regularly filing dog’s breakfasts that require many hours of labor on the other end: unpacking, parsing, cutting, shifting, reordering and so on.”
- Carolyn Kellogg reports on her visit to New York for the National Book Critics Circle Awards.
- Jennifer O’Connor covering The Magnetic Fields? We will listen to that, yes.
- At Sound of the City, Eric Davidson interviews Zachary Lipez.
- At The L Magazine, Tobias Carroll interviews Adam Wilson on Flatscreen and his next projects.
- If you’re looking for an award-nominated translated book, this is your lucky week.